One of the best video calling apps which certainly has hit every tech platform is the Skype which has already been running as the best video calling apps for years. To be precise, right before all these other apps and softwares which you see, people were quite fond of Skype and used it for daily purposes of connecting with their friends and families.
But right as some of the apps like Facebook, Google Duo, WhatsApp and variety of other apps began to get introduced in the markets of Android, iOS and Windows, people began shifting their attention to the new apps, thus forgetting the services from Skype. And soon after this, people used to find the way to delete Skype account.You can also check out here the 5 Funniest Movies on Netflix In 2017 [June]
Closing Skype account the right way
But many of the people who don’t know how to delete a skype account, let us help them in this case by providing some alternatives to this issue, as it is one of the reasons that people are looking online for help.
But first we begin, let us make sure that you know the fact that Microsoft has made it quite difficult to unlink your Skype account and deleting it seems to be impossible because they would never want you off the grid or off the app. So, this whole process may seem a bit complicated to you, but you will anyways be able to sort it out just because the steps are quite simple in this process.
Things to remember before deleting a Skype account:
- Always unlink your Microsoft Account before deleting your account.
- Cancel every active subscription in your Skype account.
- Your contacts will be deleted from Skype, take note of that for sure.
- If you have any Skype number, cancel that.
- Set your Skype status to Offline or Invisible.
- Remove any recurring payments or if you have some refund request to make, be sure to do it even before than actually deleting your account.
METHOD #1: How to delete my Skype account:
Deactivate Skype account is wholly based on the customer support as only they can do it. You will have to contact them for support and deleting your Skype account, but before you do it, make sure you follow these steps carefully…
If you don’t have your Skype made via your Microsoft account, just shift to step 6:
- Firstly, go to the official website of Skype via your browser.
- Now, sign in to your account via Skype.com
- Now, navigate to your account settings and scroll down to the bottom of the very same page and click on Account settings which lies under the Settings and Preferences menu.
- Now, go to your Microsoft account and click on the option of Unlink.
- You will be able to see a confirmation message right after you click on the Unlink option. Be sure to accept it and you will successfully unlink your Microsoft account.
- Now, you will have to cancel any of the payments or subscriptions in your Skype account and if any process is going on, like some recurring services, you will have to disable them too.
- Now, click on Cancel Subscription to continue.
- If you also have purchased any Skype number, then it is better that you cancel it and if you have any refunds pending, it is better to claim them before deleting your Skype account.
- If your account is also based on recurring payments or other services, then it is better that you even cancel them too rather than getting monthly bills of unknown services.
- Now, as you have done all these things, contact the Skype service care to ask them to cancel your account.
NOW YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE CLOSED IN ABOUT 60 DAYS OF TIME, BUT IF YOU WISH TO CHANGE YOUR MIND, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS TO SIGN IN BACK TO YOUR SKYPE ACCOUNT AND YOU WILL BE ABLE TO USE IT AGAIN WITHOUT ANY ISSUES.
METHOD #2: How to delete your Skype account the right way
- Firstly, go to the page of Account closure in your Skype account and you may be asked to sign in. For the account closure page, click on this link.
- Make sure that you are signed in, and once you are in, click on the option available there which is NEXT.
- You will be taken through a whole new and long list where you will see all your account options and closure options of your account.
- Now, you will be taken to a section of Select a Reason drop down list and there, you will have to choose your very own reason to close your Skype Account.
- Now, click on the option of Skype Account for Closure.